Monday, May 26, 2014

Share passions Canadian friends nyc food trucks I met were exceptionally friendly, social and open.


It's been a while since I wrote here on the blog, which I usually nyc food trucks try to relate to me more freely. It's not quite that simple. nyc food trucks One of the hottest political issues ahead of elections in 2010 will be about integration and immigration - unfortunately not so much about emigration. Here is my contribution to the discussion.
After the holidays nyc food trucks to Canada and the United States in three weeks, I have had time to do some comparisons between cultures. Read books and checked in blogs. I've found that it easily leads a discussion on what is right and wrong - instead of what's different cultural expressions.
Welcome to Sweden in the blog "A nyc food trucks Swedish American in Sweden" is a lot of wisdom everyday reflections from subway / commuter train which mainly have their origin from the Stockholm area. The stories provide a perspective on the Swedish way of dealing with people.
Behavior in everyday life when I riding the subway in Stockholm city and the commuter train in England for many years during my nearly 40-year life so I consider myself a seasoned traveler. Also, I have commuted by car between Skarpnack / Södermalm and Upplands Väsby for two years, which means that I picked up both the odd behavior in Stockholm traffic.
Smoking or boozing? On my trip in Toronto, I had time to do some cultural reflections. The biggest personal difference to me as Swedish with Finnish nyc food trucks roots was that people's relationship with alcohol was absent noticeable. This was reflected most clearly during the weekends on the subway nyc food trucks and other public places nyc food trucks as the neighborhoods around the Eaton Centre. Where there was more that people openly smoked marijuana - even though it is forbidden. But hardly to the extent that Swedes drink alcohol.
Courtesy instead of black mind Jante Almost nyc food trucks at once when I got there, there were several nice people on the streets and on the subway who stopped and asked if we needed help with the map or road. Inside the shops when I talked my European English so every crew stayed up and talked to me. I must say that the atmosphere was friendly. Unfortunately, I realized fast difference that they "spoke English" and I "thought nyc food trucks English".
Share passions Canadian friends nyc food trucks I met were exceptionally friendly, social and open. They watched me long in the eye and took time to explain and share their passions. Perhaps they emigrated Italians?
Swedish bymentalitet During the time I was in Canada and the U.S., I had time to read both Åke Daun's book on "Swedish mentality" and a book with the intriguing title "försvenskningen of Sweden." In Åke Daun's book, it is clearly stated that Swedes are grouped first and then develops an isolated nyc food trucks friendship with each other, which can be difficult nyc food trucks for North Americans to understand.
Sauna Similar humidity Another major difference between the Nordic countries nyc food trucks and Canada's climate. nyc food trucks The humidity requires AC. A Swedish reaction would probably be "stifling muggy". Sometimes Sweden wrongly compared to the climate Canada. Ontario where we were several times larger than Sweden. In addition, the latitude of Toronto and New York in line with northern Spain and southern France. Now there are more northern parts, but I lack knowledge of.
Lousy reputation Sweden has, as I said not very good reputation in Canada. Terribly downright. nyc food trucks It is sad. It was particularly noticeable in the business context in which the Swedes were identified as self-righteous ("sweet swedes"). When I told her, they picked up the otherwise voluntarily themselves, if my Finnish roots, there were many Canadians who had positive experiences nyc food trucks of Finns, who find it easier to express their feelings openly if I should believe Åke Daun's ethnological opinions. When I told her that I came from Sweden, nyc food trucks they were silent.
Anger as a cultural nyc food trucks mark of manhood? Both Finns and Americans are more likely to express anger, according to Åke Daun. Personally, I believe nyc food trucks the Finns and Americans have different properties than anger, which is particularly noticeable in the positive nyc food trucks relationship with Canadians.
Flashy cars Another important thing is that Black-history-movement is big in Canada and the United States. August nyc food trucks 1, it was really interesting to see the different kinds of beautiful cars that passed through the center of Toronto. Many blacks were wearing tennis shoes in various colors and sizes. About as important was the wheel to the car. They stood proudly for themselves in a group.
T-shirt = status Clothes-wise, Canada and the United States a t-shirt culture. Shirts are more or less strictly job related. The Swedish nyc food trucks "representative thinking" barely exists. Another thing was that there were plenty of different kinds of people on the streets. Both the appearance sizes larger, and so there was a group that was unusual / extreme modémedvetna. It was in the latter way that I felt more at home, but from a northern latitude then.
A land of in

No comments:

Post a Comment