Thursday, July 10, 2014

During the making of the order book My old I discovered a treasure trove of nostalgia for me: a boo


During the making of the order book My old I discovered a treasure trove of nostalgia for me: a booklet from 1987 called "student and the computer" written by Moses and Gender, edited by Isaac Amihud and published by Hood - Hansel and includes "80 Solutions to exercises, problems, puzzles, parks and graphics."
Amazing to think of the journey we've been through since! The book opens B"mhsbim home purchased by many who had great expectations from their use. Soon found, needed proper instruction to the computer will fill the role as a tool for developing logical thinking and utilities work and education, and is not used for gaming Automatic Games Agility only. "To solve this problem the book presented many problems and code solves them, all of easy to digest even for Children and novice programmers alamanda cinema (as I was at the time).
Since then, little more than twenty-five years, and everything has been changed. Especially computers have changed our expectations; alamanda cinema I do not think many of us look forward to the day that your computer alamanda cinema is playing a key role of the "tool for developing logical thinking." We all use computers all the time as a tool for work and education, thanks to tremendous improvements in the user interface (the most important area that sometimes we tend to underestimate it.) Computers out of the boundaries of the box on the table, alamanda cinema got suited to pocket all of us; And computer games, oh, how we progressed ...
But the interesting mathematical problems that were previously both interesting today, and programming solutions for them is interesting in the past as it is today. In fact, today domain blooms than ever, thanks to sites like Project Euler that they are all based on the "Here's a riddle to know programming to solve - Solve!" (Forget for a moment that there are people who solve puzzles Euler project without programming). So the book interesting to me today, and I make it a tribute to help perpetuate it by describing the problems that appeared in it and solve them myself.
Not present the solutions of the book for two reasons: First, may still arise copyright problems, and secondly (and more importantly) - twenty-five years also developed field of computer programming really crazy. Homi solutions written language BASIC, alamanda cinema that was good for its time but now seems outdated to amaze and suggested it - awkward. When I go to choose which language to write the solutions, I dilemma - there are so many good maps! Which one to choose?
Well, why not choose several languages? All novice programmer should know that programming language "right" one - a good programmer should recognize the variety of languages that each of its uses and its strengths. So fine, I choose several languages, but which? I love language and is quite popular is Python; Language in which I write generally for professional purposes is C + +, while the most popular language that is today's most widely used is Java. I will not write any of these languages. Instead, I chose to write in Ruby, in Haskell and Javascript.
Why? Well, my goal here is primarily to evacuate the audience interested in programming but he has no experience. For that important programming language which is stronger on the one hand, but very simple writing for the layman, and Ruby is such language (and also my favorite, so it helps). By Robbie easy so there is a disadvantage - it hides the programmer alamanda cinema some sordid details should be aware languages such as C + +; But it does not disturb me because I think that programming alamanda cinema should be first and foremost a tool for solving problems in an easy way for the general public (whether this mathematical problem or whether it is a problem alamanda cinema of "Now I have to rename 1000 files, but only files that exist any criteria, and now I will pass on all of them manually and do it ") and only then Builder software systems seriously by professionals.
Why Haskell? That this is a purely functional programming language, which means that the type of programming alamanda cinema it is significantly different than the language like Ruby (which also functional capabilities, but in a much less extreme). Why JavaScript? Even the language is its syntax reminiscent of the C + + and Java than others, and that the language is easy to build in graphic alamanda cinema things to run immediately in the browser of anyone who accesses their file without having to download anything from the user, and without the need on the part of the programmer to compile something.
I write Ruby programs were indeed intended for people alamanda cinema with little experience to non-existent in the programming, and I'd love to get feedback from people like how what I write is clear. It is important to emphasize that I am not trying to teach programming here at zero, so that difficulties may well emerge, as I hope that there will be too much like this.
Programs in Haskell and Javascript will be less friendly to those who are not familiar with all programming, and although I encourage everyone to try and get a glimpse quite possibly losing those who have not already experienced Basic programming. It's okay because my goal which is to appeal to those who already had some experience and want to see things made another drop. As before, all feedback will be positive.
Now let's get into the technical details of how one can write and run programs with these languages. First of all, writing: The simplest way to write code these languages is simply open a text file and write the text with any text editor you like. No need to download ingenious development environments (not at the things to be dealt with here). For those who want a recommendation to the editor in windows I recommend Notepad + + and Linux I would recommend Kate, but in any case it comes to personal taste.
Ruby files usually give the rb extension, the extension files Haskell hs and JavaScript files ... Well, it's a bit complicated to explain right. To run a Ruby should run about the Ruby interpreter, ie write a ruby and then the file name, and after that Ruby is already installed on the system. Windows installation can be downloaded here. Hopefully, there will be simple to write files so there is no chance of errors due to mismatch of versions.
Running Haskell files is a bit more complicated. What we do here would be to compile the

No comments:

Post a Comment